So in yesterday’s post I talked about the myth of a “good time” to build the business. And we talked about how successful people build even in the midst of challenges. There is another facet of this…
Their ability to kill distractions.
You either kill distractions or they kill your business. And your job as a leader is to kill all distractions and keep your team focused on the task at hand.
• What other lines are doing;
• What other companies are doing;
• The countries you want your company to open up in;
• What competitors are saying about your company;
• Negative publicity about your company; and,
• Many, many more.
Your role is to point out why these types of things are not relevant to your team members and direct them back to their rainmaker activities: prospecting and retailing. Everything else is just a distraction.
But to do that starts with you. You have to be a critical thinker, be able to block out distractions and exert laser focus.
So how you doing on that?