Last post I told you about Empire Avenue as a way to meet new people. Let’s look at why meeting new people is so important.
Everyone comes into the business with their current list; the people they know. And how you do with that list depends how your relationships with them have been up to that point.
Some people start with a list of 25 and get in 18. Others start with a list of 200 and can’t get in eight. And it’s really not their invitation skills. It’s how they interacted with that list before they ever joined the business. That’s the good news and the bad news.
When I started in Network Marketing, my list did terrible for me. Why? Because I wasn’t very well liked. The interactions I had been having with people weren’t pleasant for them, and the last thing they wanted was to have to spend more time with me. I had no credibility or trust.
When I got back in the business six years ago, my list worked very well for me. Why? Because I had grown, and my relationships with people were built on mutual respect and value. Yet even though I had good relationships this time around, I still needed to meet new people. And so do you.
I’ve earned more than $6 million since I got back in the biz. And more than half of that is from volume produced by people I didn’t know when I got in. And every top leader you talk to will tell you a similar story.
How you’ve been with people in the past will impact how well your invitations work with them when you begin. For some of you, like me, you’ll need the personal growth that comes from the business in order to do well from your first list. You may actually do better with the new people you meet. You can start fresh today with new people you can meet.
Some important things to remember:
- In the beginning, you will pay or you will get paid, for who you were before you joined the business.
- The good prospects aren’t in your home. The people who live there are already in, or they aren’t good prospects.
- Get through your first list as quick as possible and learn how to meet new people.
- The best time to meet new people is before you get through your first list.
- You can always change the equation by going out and meeting some new people today!